Monday, 8 December 2014

Audience research

I researched the best film openings and I came across several. I chose the ones that are popular and iconic.

1) Scream (Wes Craven) 1996



2) Halloween



3) The Stepfather



The sort of things that attract people to certain films could be the type of film it is. For example, a comedy, chick flick, horror, thriller etc. The plot of the film is the main aspect that makes people want to watch it, if the plot is interesting more people will want to watch it. The movie trailer is also something that attracts people to the film. The movie trailers usually show the main parts of the movie or the scenes that are more gripping. The actors and actresses is another reason as to what attracts people to watching films. If the actors/actresses are well known it's more likely they're acting in the film because the film is good.

The things that put people off movies could, again, be the opposite of all of the above. Bad acting, cheesiness, boring etc. For me, the one thing that puts me off movies is the use of subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment