Thursday, 27 November 2014

The Jelly Babies Challenge - An independent movie storyboard

We chose the independent movie brief as we all thought there was a lot of interesting plots that we could use. Again, instead of making a storyboard I created a Prezi. If I were to film this actual movie, I'd use 3 shots throughout the scenes. These would be long shot,  a tracking shot and a close up.

The plot of our jelly baby story is the protagonist is a regular at a cafe. She is aware of all the people that go and knows almost everyone of them. However, one afternoon a new person enters, they are very mysterious and catches her eye but not only that, she catches his eye also.

This is what the protagonist is like from the front.


What went well was unlike our other jelly baby story, we didn't take a long time planning the setting and little props for the story, along with this the setting looked very good. Another thing that went well was we finished taking the shots all in one lesson, for our other jelly baby story we had to finish it outside of the lesson. Additionally, we took all the pictures in the same place so there was no notable changes such as surface.

Our finished item would look even better if the pencils we were used to place the jelly babies in specific places weren't in the shots. Also, I think it would have been better if we had a few shots with the protagonist's glasses. (We were aiming for our movie to be hipster and the opposite from mainstream and so the glasses are relevant.) And with the planning, I think we took way too long to actually decide upon the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment