Analysing my production logo
The ideal logo conveys as much about your company as you can squeeze in.
I want to express:
- What my company does
- My target audience
- Professionalism
Ø Symbols
–instantly makes people think of traits that you want associated with your
company.
For my logo, I used a phoenix. I chose this because I had researched
star constellations and thought Phoenix sounded catchy. Also, I think Phoenix
sounds mystical and different from other logos, it’d stand out. I then
researched Phoenix (mythology) and read that Phoenix’s are long-lived birds
that regenerate. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising
from the ashes of its predecessor. I was curious what the word ‘predecessor’
meant and I got “Something succeeded or replaced by something else.” This
really got me interested and so I chose Phoenix. I want my company logo to long
live like a phoenix bird, I want it to succeed.
Ø Colors – each
color in the spectrum has a psychological effect that you can use to your
advantage.
I used two main colours on my logo. I used blue and white. I searched
the psychological effects of the colour blue and what I found was suitable for
what I was aiming for. “Blue is the colour of the mind and is essentially soothing;
it affects us mentally. Strong blues will stimulate clear thought and lighter,
soft blues will calm the mind and aid concentration. Consequently it is serene
and mentally calming. It is the colour of clear communication.” I like the idea
that it aids concentration because concentration is needed for a lot of things
and would attract the person to watching the movie/ a movie by my production
label. Also, the colour blue is eye-catching. Blue is femine and masculine
colour.
Keywords for Blue:
Positive Color Meanings in Business:
·
loyalty, trust and integrity
·
tactful, caring and concerned
·
reliability and responsibility
·
conservatism and perseverance
·
idealistic and orderly
·
authority, devotion and contemplation
·
peace and calm
I then searched for the psychological effects of using the colour and I
found “White represents purity or innocence. White means a fresh outlook and
new beginnings. White helps reduce any nagging feelings of disappointment or
drudge.” I like the description of white as it represents purity and innocent,
it’d be perfect for a younger audience. Also, the colour can be seen as a
feminine AND masculine colour.
Keywords for White:
Positive Color Meanings in Business:
·
innocence
·
purity,
·
equality, complete and whole
·
simplicity
·
self-sufficient, pristine and open
·
new beginnings
Because my phoenix is a deep blue colour on a white background,
Ø Words –your
company name and slogan, in as few words as possible to get the message across.
The catchier, the better!
On my logo I’ve only got two words and that is “Phoenix Productions”. I
think it sounds catchy since both words start with a P. It draws the attention
to the name. I didn’t use a slogan because I think Phoenix Production sounds
good by itself. It sounds striking and professional.
Ø Fonts – the style
of the lettering conveys a certain feel as well. Using the wrong font can
definitely send the wrong message!
The font I used for my production title “Phoenix Productions” is called
Harlow Solid Italic. I used this font because it looks professional yet it
looks fitting for the audience. For the font, I used a dark purple/blue because
it fits with the colour of the phoenix that I used.
Ø Shapes – basic
shapes like the circle, square and triangle appeal to the logical side of our
brains and bring additional symbolism.
I didn’t use any specific shapes in my logo, however on my phoenix
there is an outline of the phoenix constellation. So there are lines and small
stars in the place of where the main star in the constellation is.
Ø Clarity and
boldness – You want something that looks great whether you make a lapel pin, a
bumper sticker or a billboard out of it.
Don’t pussyfoot around it – declare who you are and what you’re about
proudly!
I think my logo is different and definitely stands out from other
logos. It’d look good on any type of advertisement as the background is white
and the main item on it is a dark shade of blue, it’d be hard to miss and would
be easily recognised.
Ø 7. Creativity,
artistry and inspiration – It takes a careful balance of all of the elements,
plus a bit of inspiration to make a great logo.
I would say my logo is very creative and artistic as it’s not something
you see everyday. My logo was inspired by the Phoenix star constellation. On
the white background there are subtle stars, which is relevant and goes with
the phoenix.

No comments:
Post a Comment